Your privacy matters to us. And we are committed to protecting any personal information you give us. This document, which we update from time to time, describes what we do with your personal information. It also tells you how to contact us if you have any questions about it.
At Loccalls.com, we offer online selection and purchase of sim-cards and tariffs of mobile operators cand ancillary products through our own websites and mobile apps and through other online “platforms” such as partners’ websites. This policy applies to all these platforms.
What kind of personal information does Loccalls.com use?
When you purchase a sim-card, we ask you for the information we need to give you what you want. This may include name, contact details (email, address and telephone number), passport information, and payment information.
When you visit our websites, we may collect certain information, even if you don’t make a purchase. This may include your IP address and which browser you’re using, as well as information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages visited. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude. We might also calculate and process data related to the apps installed on your mobile device (e.g. name, description and category). None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still be considered ‘personal’ information.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why does Loccalls.com collect, use and share your personal information?
- Order/Purchase: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your purchase, and to forward the necessary details to the sim-card partner or mobile operator.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you a short questionnaire about your purchase. This helps us understand and improve our service and the service our partners provide.
- Marketing activities: We also use your personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- We may use it to contact you by post, telephone, email or SMS with information on our latest news, offers and updates, including details of our (or our group companies’ or affiliated partners’) goods and services, special offers, discounts or promotions, new products or services, and forthcoming events or competitions. You consent to this when you click “Book Now” on the booking form, unless you opt out by ticking the relevant box
- Based on the information you share with us, you may see individualised offers on our websites, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we contact you by email, phone or SMS, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle your requests.
- If you have not finalised a booking online, we may email you a reminder to do so. We see this as a useful service because it lets you carry on with a booking without having to find the sim-card again or fill in all the booking details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or ask you to review your experience with us.
- We may send you other material related to your booking, such as information on contacting Loccalls.com if you need help – or a summary of your previous bookings.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of this research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Loccalls.com share your information with third parties?
In certain situations, we may share your personal information with third parties.
- The company/companies supplying your sim-card and/or ancillary products: To complete your booking, we need to send the relevant booking details to the company/companies supplying the sim-card and/or the ancillary products you have booked. For example: your name, contact details (email, address and telephone number), passport information, payment information and any preferences you specified when booking.
- Third-party service suppliers: We may use third-party service suppliers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes described above. For example, we may use them to contact you, or to send booking information on our behalf to the company supplying your sim-card, or to manage aspects of our website, call centres or marketing activities. When a booking requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service suppliers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market services on other platforms, and involve third-party suppliers for analytical purposes. All these third parties will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to offer sim-cards and tariffs on our websites. When you book on one of their websites, they may share some of your personal information with us. Similarly, we may share information with them: for example, for marketing purposes, or so they can manage your booking or address any queries related to it. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law). Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
What security procedures does Loccalls.com put in place to safeguard your personal information?
We comply with reasonable procedures in accordance with the regulations of most countries to prevent unauthorised access to and misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect your personal information. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions on accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
How can you control marketing emails?
When you purchase a sim-card, we offer you marketing and sales emails. You can also opt out at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in any of these emails.
How can you control the personal information you have given to Loccalls.com?
You can request a copy of the information we have about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (stating ‘Data Query’ in the subject line). To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you spot any mistakes in your information, please email us so we can correct them.
Where are we?
Company name: LOCAL COMMUNICATION LTD
Address: Klovskiy uzviz 20, 22, Kyiv, Ukraine